3.19.2009

IRP: The Monty Hall Problem (Ch. 79-107, prompt # 10)

Quick little update on my prediction...

When Christopher talks with Mrs. Alexander, she eventually reveals that Chris' mother and Mr. Shears were "very, very good friends." This little quotation clearly supports my predictions. Though we do not know for sure if she died, we do know that this could lead to mr. Shears and Chris' mother leaving together.

For the prompt...

In chapter 101, Christopher describes the monty hall problem in great detail. As soon as I read it I remembered the movie 21. Now I know this isn't exactly my experience or someone I know but it was in a movie I saw and it's still a connection. I had to read this chapter let's just say 5 time (it was probably more) until I actually understood it. I then brought the book to the dinner table and tried to explain it to my parents. Though it was difficult to explain, explaining it definitely made it easier to understand. My mom seemed to catch on pretty quickly but my dad still doesn't get it. Anyway, I just read this and remembered the scene from 21. Included in the video is also a scene from numb3rs which apparently depicts the same problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment