3.18.2009

IRP: My Predictions (Ch. 37-47, prompt 6)


Alright so for this post I'm just gonna go out on a limb and make some predictions. I feel like I have some good ones so I'll just say them. If I'm wrong I'm wrong and if I'm right you owe me $5!

Alright...1st prediction: In chapter 41, we really see the father son relationship between Christopher and his dad. It is obvious the dad is mad because he just had to pick up his son from jail...I'd be mad too. But, there's something else going on. The dad seems too upset and emotional. While in the car he yells at Christopher, and in my opinion it was unfair. The kid did not know any better and he just wants to solve a mystery. Then, after Christopher plays his 76 games of minesweeper and before going to bed at exactly 2:07 a.m. Sorry but just gonna butt in here...the whole like exact time and numbers thing is really comical and clever and props to Haddon for this little addition to the story. It really brings out the whole math aspect of the novel and takes the Christopher being good with numbers thing that extra step. Okay so back to what I was saying...after the minesweeper, Chris sees his father crying and asks what is wrong and if he is upset about Wellington, the dog that died. His reply is suspicious. The father says, "You could very well say that." Now I would never answer a question like that. It just seems very odd. He could have just said "yes." Anyway, this leads me to my prediction...I think the father may have something to do with the death of the dog. Either he knows who did it which could very well be the case because he's acting suspicious, or he did it himself. I think it's unlikely he did it himself. I just don't know why he would ever do that, unless the dog was annoying, but I don't think that's the case. So...bottom line...the father knows who killed the dog.

Alright...2nd prediction: I think there is something weird about the mother in the story. The way it is all described is very suspicious to me. One day Chris comes home and his mom is gone and the dad looks for her and comes home and says she's in the hospital with a heart condition and that he can't visit her. Then, when the kid wants to bring her food the dad says no? That just seems weird. I just don't know why someone would do that. So the whole thing is just odd and I don't really have an explanation just I don't think we have the whole story, or the realy story.

So...we'll just have to see if I was right as we continue for more reading...tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment