2.02.2009
Che Who?
So I gotta say that I had no idea about any of this before watching this video. I consider myself pretty up-to-date on current events and I'm not completely ignorant when it comes to fads and fashions but I have never seen Che t-shirts or anything Che before...atleast I haven't noticed any. I am very confused as to why this guy is becoming "popular" 40 years after his death. If he died 40 years ago, it's not like he has done anything to hype up his name...he's dead. I guess I would have to agree with Beck. Though I am completely uneducated on Che's life and ideology, I disagree with what I have heard of him from this video. I think what Hollywood has done is very interesting. It seems obvious to me that they started a trend of t-shirts with this guys face on them and decided to sell them in masses to uneducated and ignorant teenagers who thought they looked cool. This is Hollywood at its worst, taking advantage of children to sell a fad. This is modern propaganda. I found Beck somewhat annoying and I actually wanted to disagree with him. I think if it were a more controversial and difficult situation I would have definitely found a way to disagree but I just do not agree with Che so I must agree with Beck. I found him very pompous and seemed to be looking down at our entire generation as a whole portraying us as ignorant and not knowledgeable.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
It is strange he is becoming a trend now when he died forty years ago. Its a lame trend.
ReplyDelete