
I think there are many factors that affect people's decisions that have stayed true for centuries. Such factors would include the decisions affect on family and friends, or possibly use religion and family morals to see how the decision should be made, or just weighing the pro's and con's for the decision. Now, as technology is booming and with such an economic crisis and a large decrease seen in attendance to certain religious practices, our decision making has become more selfish, and we have abandoned or looked less heavily upon the affects it may have on others, and begun to care less about morals or our faith as we make decisions. I think we have also become somewhat lazy and therefor many of our decisions are based on which is easiest. For me, my faith and family morals still play a large role on my decision making and I try to consider its affects on others as much as possible without stressing too much but at times, I seem to lean towards the more fun are easy approach. As senior year approaches, we begin to encounter more and more temptations which I try my best to avoid and use family, friends and faith to guide me, the 3 F's. Though college is a big decision, I see this as more of a decision that I make myself and weigh out the pro's and con's for but as a legacy student, family did play a role. Obviously I thought about who I want to become and want I want to do as well. Since I have hopes of becoming a doctor and studying biology and medicine, a school with a good science program and high rate of acceptance into med school was preferred. At Franklin and Marshall, I found that and that is why next year I will be a Diplomat. In most decision making, I usually stick with the 3 F's to make my decision but there are circumstances where a scale is maybe better.
No comments:
Post a Comment